For 44 years, Family Equality has been on the frontlines of the fight for LGBTQ+ family equality, passionately advocating for a world where everyone can experience the unconditional joy and belonging of family. As 2023 winds down, our work ramps up — and, with GivingTuesday on November 28, there’s no better time to join our movement and support our efforts!
The fight for LGBTQ+ family equality
This year, more than 550 anti-LGBTQ+ bills were introduced in state legislatures. These bills range from prohibiting the mere mention of LGBTQ+ families in the classroom to stripping youth of life-saving healthcare, and as each one was introduced, we watched the impact trickle-down: From political pundits on national television to neighborhood hostility, the anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric is out in full force.
But here’s the good news:
- Last year, alongside our movement partners, we fought hundreds of anti-LGBTQ+ bills — and we won, defeating 91% of the bad bills that were introduced in 2022.
- This year, 700 bills have been introduced that would protect our youth and families.
- We created life-changing opportunities for hundreds of families to find community, support, and connection through resource guides, peer support spaces, and landmark events like Family Week in Provincetown and Midwest LGBTQ+ Family Weekend in Chicago.
In short: We’re up against an anti-LGBTQ+ machine the likes of which we haven’t seen in years. But, we know we can beat it as long as we work together. That’s where you come in!
The power of giving
Each year, advocates around the world celebrate GivingTuesday by generously supporting organizations close to their heart. This global day of giving is a reminder of just how powerful we are when we come together — and our families need this reminder more than ever.
By celebrating GivingTuesday on November 28 with a donation to Family Equality, you are giving the gifts of LOVE, FAMILY, and FREEDOM to LGBTQ+ families across the country who need our resources, advocacy, and support 365 days a year.
PLUS, thanks to the incredibly generous matching challenge issued by donors Randy Harmat & Curtis Williams, you can double your impact! Every dollar raised, up to $30,000, will be matched 1:1 — so there’s never been a better time to give!
How to celebrate GivingTuesday with Family Equality
Here’s how you can help:
- Donate. Your gift allows us to continue our vital work for LGBTQ+ families. Even a small contribution can make a difference.
- Create a fundraiser. Make it a family affair! Empower your networks to get in on the GivingTuesday fun by creating a fundraiser in support of Family Equality.
- Spread the word. Tell the world why our work matters to you by using our toolkit! Share our stories, graphics, and resources on social media, via email, and more to help us build this movement.
The party starts now!
We can’t wait to celebrate GivingTuesday on November 28!
Actually, come to think of it, we don’t have to wait at all! That’s right: We can get this party started early by drumming up excitement and donations in the weeks leading up to this change-making holiday.
Create a fundraising page today, and then tell your friends to mark their calendars! By joining the movement, you aren’t just contributing to a cause — you are shaping a future where every LGBTQ+ family can thrive, love, and live without fear or prejudice.
Remember, together, we can create a world where every family is celebrated, cherished, and protected.
Support Family Equality this GivingTuesday!
Mark your calendars for November 28 and join us to celebrate everyone’s favorite global day of giving!